Our repair responsibilities
We must keep the structure and outside of your home in a reasonable state of repair and in proper working order.
• Drains, gutters, outside pipes and the roof
• Outside walls, outside doors, window sills, window catches, sash cords and window frames, including
any painting and decorating needed outside
• Inside walls, floors, ceilings, door frames, but not painting and decorating inside
• Chimneys, chimney stacks and flues, but not including chimney sweeping
• Front paths, steps or other access points we own
• Garages and stores that are part of the property
• Boundary walls and fences, but not those you share with neighbours.
We must keep in working order any installations we've provided for supplying water, gas or electricity, and for heating, hot water and sanitation.
• Basins, sinks, baths, toilets, flushing systems and waste pipes, but not plugs, chains or toilet seats
• Electric wiring, including sockets and switches,
• Central-heating systems, gas and water pipes, water heaters, showers and storage heaters, fireplaces and
fires that we've fitted.