We've won the 'Best resident outcome' award
10 March 2017
Our Money Matters team won the award for 'Best outcome for residents' at the CIH South East awards 2017 which took place at the British Airways i360 tower in Brighton on Tuesday 7 March.
Our Money Matters Team help our most vulnerable residents. In 2016/17 they’ve helped 970 households compared to 915 in 2015/16.
Just this year, they’ve sourced £2.1 million in extra income …350k in one off lump sum payments that are connected to:
- Helping someone receive a HB/benefits backdate
- Helping residents gain access to PIP/DLA
- Help with lower cost utility bills.
The team have:
- Sourced £6.2 million for residents since 2012
- Completed over 900 sessions in the last year helping residents manage their money and budget
- Sourced £100k+ each year for the last four years on reducing tariffs on utility bills.
- Attended 100 + events to help residents on estates/neighbourhoods
The team were nominated for the award based on how the organisation has improved the lives of residents. The team had also been nominated based on the development of a clear pathway within the organisation (buy-in) to sustain an on-going commitment to improve the lives of residents.
Gemma Glass from our Financial Inclusions team who collected the award during the event had this to say: "this award is great recognition of the great work the Money Matters and Income team do". She added "it acknowledges we get great outcomes for our residents and shows we put them at the heart of everything we do".
If you need support or know someone that does, click here to find out how our Money Matters team can help you.